Friday, May 11, 2007

Out in the woods

I know it's been a while since my last post. The hubby and I were away in Pennsylvania for a couple of days. Ever since I was a kid, my family has been very involved with living history reenactments and we had one this weekend. Just us, a tent, a campfire and friends and family for 4 days. Soooo relaxing and easy. Think of it as camping, just without ANY modern amenities. Of course, there was still time for the nephew to have a leisurely bath and I was able to sneak out my very modern camera.
I also had a ton of time to sit around and stitch on my grandmother's flower garden, which eventually, i'll post some pictures of. It's coming along very nicely I'd say.

I'm kind of sad we were out of town the same weekend the Queen was visiting. I had to turn down her invitation to tea and everything! I did have time before we left to finish up and mail my quilt blocks for this month's swap and Theresa has already received them, so I guess it's okay to post some pics. For the first time ever, I tried to embroider something. I think they turned out quite good. Her color scheme is red and white, which I had a ton of laying around, so it wasn't a problem. And this time, i also remembered to snap some photos. They make me want to do a red and white quilt!

No comments: